Did you know that more dogs go missing during the 4th of July than any other time? Here are some tips to keep your pups safe!
- Make sure that your dog is wearing a collar with an identification tag.
- Exercising your dog earlier in the day can help them be more calm during the excitement.
- Do not plan to walk your dog during fireworks. Plan to take your dog potty before dark if possible.
- Crating your dog during fireworks can give them a safe and comfortable place to be. You can also cover the crate with a blanket.
- Consider preparing some enrichment activities for your dogs to distract them. (Insert enrichment blog)
- Leave your pets at home during any celebrations. Do not bring your dog to fireworks.